Article Express is a service offered to UK faculty/staff, UK graduate students, and UK students with permanent or temporary disabilities. The service offers the convenience of electronically acquiring reproductions from our libraries' collections.
Article Express Frequently Asked Questions:
What kind of reproductions will the service deliver?
Reproductions of articles from journals, portions of books or proceedings, including those held in non-circulating reference collections and copies from non-print resources.
How do I make a request for the reproductions?
Article Express Requests (as well as Interlibrary Loan Requests and Storage Article Express Requests) are placed via ILLiad. The Article Express Form is located under the Document Delivery Tab on the ILLiad Main Menu.
How will my copies be delivered?
Reproductions will be delivered electronically to your online ILLiad account, retrievable by selecting Electronically Received Articles under the View Tab from the ILLiad Main Menu.
What will I be charged for the service?
Article Express is now a free service.
What are the copyright restrictions?
- The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order, if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of the copyright law.
- Staff will be limited to copying 10% or 1 chapter from a book, and one article per journal issue.
What if the UK material I have requested cannot be located?
If we cannot locate the UK material you have requested or provide it in a timely manner, we will automatically refer your request to Interlibrary Loan.
- The service will not provide reproductions from material held in our Storage Facilities. All Storage reproductions are made free of charge to all library patrons and may be requested using the Storage Article Express Form, located under the Document Delivery Tab on the ILLiad Main Menu. See the Storage Retrieval webpage for more information.
- The service will not provide reproductions from Special Collections or Law Library. To request electronic reproductions of materials from the Special Collections Research Center, login here or create a researcher account using your linkblue ID.
- The service will not provide reproductions for material already available in full-text online.
Please send any questions or comments to Document Delivery.
NOTE: This service is not offered to faculty/staff affiliated with the UK Medical Center or UK Law School. Patrons affiliated with the Medical Center may use the Medical Center Library Document Delivery Services.